The FB2500 series provides the entry level firewall/router package.
The basic specification is the same as the FB2700 except:-
- The FB2500 does not have a USB host port for 3G backup
- The maximum routing throughput of the FB2500 is 100Mb/s, which is much slower than the FB2700 which can do around 350Mb/s
See FB2700 product pages for more details.
Base and Fully loaded
Just like the FB2700, there are two models of FB2500.
- Base: Includes firewall, router, VLAN support, VRRP, PPPoE for DSL/fibre internet links, DHCP server and client. Fully IPv6 support.
- Full loaded: Includes bonding features (load sharing features, and multiple line PPPoE), FB105 tunnel protocol to allow VPNs to be created, BGP (limited table), L2TP server, and PPPoE server.
- RRP for the FireBrick 2500 in "base" specification is £350.00+VAT
- RRP for the FireBrick 2500 in "fully loaded" specification is £600.00+VAT
To order a FireBrick, see our list of resellers.